Shabby Chic Style ® - Say What ?
Shabby Chic is a budget rental decorators dream !
Photo & Products provided by Not Too Shabby
With a comfortable lived in feeling , chipped paint, vintage linens, floral fabrics on furniture and over stuffed sofas. Pull out anything that looks old and care worn, do some (quality) shopping at your local thrift store, add a few fresh new accessories, paint it white.....and you have become a professional Shabby Chic'er!
adj. shab·bi·er, shab·bi·est.
- Showing signs of wear and tear; threadbare or worn-out: shabby furniture.
- Dilapidated or deteriorated in condition, especially through neglect; seedy: a shabby little park.
Of mediocre or substandard quality: a shabby performance.
adj. chic·er, chic·est.
Conforming to the current fashion; stylish: chic clothes; a chic boutique.
The quality or state of being stylish; fashionableness.
Sophistication in dress and manner; elegance
Put these definitions together to for precise elegant cottage Shabby Chic decor!
- Clean Worn Out Looking + Sophistication
- Casual + Fashionableness
- Deteriorated + Being Stylish
Paint everything white and it all equals SHABBY CHIC !
Element Characteristics of this style:
- Slip covered furniture - Make Your Own Slipcover
- Old Furniture Painted White (freshly painted or old and chipped), Distressed.
- Pastel colors with floral prints or faded stripes.
- Vintage Linens
- Architectural elements, painted metals
Shabby translates to a casual comfortable atmosphere created with a neutral palette that allows you to add your own touches of style!
Editors Recommendation: Not Too Shabby, A definite service oriented shop that will work with your design needs via website, email or by telephone.