Submitting Articles to Rental Decorating Digest
Rental Decorating Digest is currently accepting articles for online publication in the following subject categories:
- Dorm decorating and college living
- Helpful hints and home d�cor tips for renters
- Small space organizing ideas.
- How-To & Do-it-yourself projects ( graphic images may be required)
- Interior design styles
- Gardening tips for renters ( plants, recommendations and care)
- Instruction on selecting quality home decor products
- Seasonal articles (winter, spring, summer, fall)
- Food, cooking & recipe articles
- Walls, windows and accessories.
Content not meeting these guidelines may be cause for rejection of the article.
- The article must be between 250-350 words. (Over 350 words may be rejected)
- Articles may be archived and kept on file to be used in future publications.
- Include a short bio of the company or author. The bio should be written in third person format and should accompany the article (do not send separately). Keep it short and concise. The bio should include ONLY 1 hyperlink leading back to the authors' company site or a contact email address.
- By submitting an article you are agreeing that the information or graphics are not copyright protected and the submitter has sole permission and rights to distribute said content. You also agree to the allow Rental Decorating Digest to allow advertising from said content.
- Rental Decorating Digest reserves the right to accept, reject, edit or insert textual advertising to articles without explanation. We make not guarantees as to the duration published content will remain on or servers. The visibility, formatting, coding and appearance of all articles remain the soul discretion of Rental Decorating Digest.
- Due to the mass amounts of content submitted, you will be contacted within 2 weeks if your article is accepted for publication. If you do not hear from us within this time, we have not accepted the content for publication. We will forward a date of publication upon acceptance along with its release date. New featured articles will appear on our home page and/or within our newsletter.
- Providing Photos - If your article is accepted, we may request a photo to be sent that will represent your article content. You must have permission to legally distribute the submitted image. Rental Decorating Digest reserves the right to use/not use the image as necessary to create graphics to promote the article or used throughout the site. *Submission of images that are not your legal property to distribute can be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
Compensation through recommendation to our visitors! Rental Decorating Digest does not pay a fee to publish article content. We offer recommendation, referral and promotional exposure through the bio link directing back to your company or product website that will be published with your content (valued at $120/year). Rental Decorating Digest receives approximately 700,000 page views per month, published articles receive an "active hyperlink" directing visitors back to your main website through the Bio (see above for bio guidelines)
Recommendations for getting your article accepted
- Self promotional verbiage written within articles is generally not accepted. Use of the bio to emphasize specific products or services provided is encouraged.
- KEEP IT RELEVANT.. Review our site to be sure that an article does not duplicate other content already active on the site and also it will be of interest to our audience.
- Articles written in an outline format (example: "5 Ways to Organize Your Kitchen" )have a better chance of getting accepted as they are more easily read by our visitors.
- Authors and companies who have purchased advertising space will be considered first when determining article selection. Placing an ad is not a guarantee of article publication as content itself is key.
- Write unique content. We select articles that have not been mass distributed and WILL NOT be mass produced throughout the internet. If we can find the article somewhere else on the internet, it will most likely not be accepted.
- Articles providing specific assistance to the rental community will be given highest priority.
- We are interested in referring our visitors to high quality resources. All bio information and referenced websites are reviewed in making our selections. The source of the article is just as important as the article itself.
- Adequate contact information must be provided on the recommended site.
- The submitted article must have a direct connection to the product or service offered on the referring site.
Send us your article
(paste content within email, no attachments)
NOTE: By submitting an article you are agreeing to allow Rental Decorating Digest use of your content as described above.
Due to the number of submissions we receive it may take up to 1 month for the article review process. We will contact you if your article is accepted.