|Bright Advice for Holiday Furniture Shoppers|
(ARA) – When it comes to dressing up the house for the holidays, many Americans think beyond roast turkey, evergreen, tinsel and a big screen TV for watching football and parades. Holiday season is a popular time of year for furniture buying, especially dining room furniture.
“Dinner parties, family gatherings and other celebrations associated with holiday time prompt many people to think of replacing old, worn dining room sets,” says Brad Haas, a furniture expert with manufacturer Carrington Court, which has produced dining and parsons chairs for 24 years. “Unfortunately, if you wait until the last minute to upgrade your dining room furniture for the holidays, you may feel rushed and stressed – and could be more likely to make a poor decision.”
After all, the set you buy before the holidays with Grandpa’s comfort in mind, or to impress your old college roommate with its style and beauty, will be the same furniture the kids will abuse for family dinners throughout the rest of the year. “Furniture buying is always about striking a balance between beauty and practicality, and that balance is even more important when buying at holiday time,” Haas says.
Before you head to the furniture showroom, or hop online to place your order, keep the following tips in mind:
* It’s not uncommon for furniture orders to take 12 weeks or more to fulfill, including the time to make the furniture and deliver it to your door. Allow yourself ample time to shop and order so that you won’t feel stressed. “Nothing is worse than having a dinner for 12 people and realizing your dining chair order will not arrive on time, leaving your guests with nothing to sit on,” Haas says. Carrington Court dining chairs and parsons chairs normally take two to five weeks to produce, and another one to seven days to deliver.
* In some cases, buying off the retail floor may be an option, as it can allow you to see the actual piece you’re purchasing and even take it home the same day. But you have to decide if your urgency overrides the disadvantages of buying off the floor, including paying retail prices, limited choice, potential damage or poor quality of floor models, and the need to transport the furniture yourself.
* You’ll find a wider selection if you’re able to order retail and wait. But retail can be very expensive and the wait for your furniture is likely to be much longer. Production and delivery times may change since the retailer is at the mercy of the manufacturer. You also won’t see the finished piece until it’s delivered. This option is best for people who are able to place their holiday orders well in advance – around late summer.
* Online purchasing from a company like Carrington Court, which has only an online store front and makes all its own furniture rather than dealing with outside manufacturers, offers several advantages. You’ll be able to choose from a large selection of fabrics and finishes for your dining and parsons chairs, and can even order fabric samples to ensure what you’re buying matches your decor and tastes. Or, send your own fabric, which speeds up production times.
* Ordering direct from the manufacturer also yields more affordable prices and faster production and shipping times. You’ll wait slightly longer than if you bought off the floor, but far less than if you order from a retail store. If there’s a problem once your furniture is delivered, you can deal directly with the manufacturer to resolve it, rather than going through a retail sales person.
* Online ordering also allows you to save gas, since you won’t be driving around to multiple showrooms to find what you want.
* For the truly time-pressed, Carrington Court offers a “Quick Ship” program – all chairs in the program ship within three business days of the order and will be delivered in one to seven days. And all the chairs come with a lifetime warranty.
“Holiday furniture shopping doesn’t have to be stressful,” Haas says. “With a little planning, you can brighten your holiday table easily and cost-effectively.”
Visit www.CarringtonCourtDirect.com to learn more. Courtesy of ARAcontent
Decorating and interior design tools for apartment - home - studio or dorm.