|Decorate Walls Without Painting - |
5 Simple Wall Decorating Tips
Since painting unique wall images may not be an option for some renters, we pulled together 5 wall decorating ideas to help you decorate your cwalls for both your stylish senses and their personalized space!
1. Removable Wall Hooks - 3m makes wonderful wall hooks and other removable wall hanging products that are easily adhered to the walls without leaving behind residue when removed. With the variety of products they offer you can literally find whatever type of hook or gadget you need to make anything hang from a wall. These can be purchased are your local home improvement or hardware store.
2. Framed Posters & Art - When displayed properly, framed family photos can create warmth and most likely are the subconscious objects that make you feel at home in your space. Children love the familiar faces of their favorite book and movie characters. Using posters are a great way to bring these characters to life. The posters by themselves may be suitable, but to please the aesthetic senses, don't skimp on having the wall art framed. If you are interested in keeping costs down you may want to frame it yourself. When tastes change you can reuse the frame and change out the poster. For an added punch add colored mat board to the poster print. If you still need to select wall decor art try our Art & Poster shop.
3. Display Shelves - Thinking tall will also fill your wall space with visual appeal while creating extra storage. Carefully and thoughtfully arrange the objects you choose to place on each shelf, being sure to over crowd each space. Think of the eye flowing over the shelf in an "S" pattern by varying the heights and spaces.
4. Fabric & Starch Wallpapering - This removable technique gives decorating versatility! You can create textures and cover up the ugliest walls. Check out these do-it-yourself instructions for wallpapering with fabric.
5. Folding Screens - If you just don't want to hang anything on your walls, try adding texture by using folding screens. The come in almost every style from Shoji Screens for Asian design to chrome for ultra modern. These are wonderful for studio apartments as they create additional areas and promote privacy.