|Designing A Home Media Space - The Renter Friendly Option!|
Form and function focus...is your layout working for you? Since an increasing amount of time is being spent enjoying the warmth and familiarity of our own surroundings, here are some tips to help amp up the experience for all to enjoy!
1. Depending upon the size of your current space and your family's media requirements, you can designate an entire room for entertainment or just carve out a small nook with multiple functions.
2. Don't overlook unanticipated locations within the home. A room is what you make it, not what the original floor plan says it should be! In other words an unused dining room may have the perfect amount of space for your flat screen TV, game room and all the furniture!
3. Keeping it homey. If you don't want to be able to shut off the media area, create room dividers with decorative screens, fencing material and oversized shutters that are hinged together. Paint them to match your current color scheme.
4.To create that "home theater" look, keep shades darker and deeper. This will draw attention to the brighter screens of computer and TV's.
5. Bookcase styled pieces with wide side shelving can accommodate components and DVDs, in addition to personal items and essentials required by guests.
6. Furnishings for the home media space are available in every color, style of decor. Particularly appropriate for a child's media space, various chair styles can be painted by the youth, showcasing his or her unique artistic ability.
7. Kid Friendly Media Spaces: Use color to designate the division of space when designing a child's shared play room and media space. Using a color block paint technique, for example, a do-it-yourself paint enthusiast can opt to paint the top border perimeter of the walls (if it falls within your guidelines) belonging to the play area portion of the room using sunny yellow and white color blocks. As within any interior area, these small decorative touches will add an enormous amount of personality to the child's play/media space.
Designing a unique home media space is yet another creative way that we can enjoy both our family and our home in the months and years to come!