|Kick the Procrastination Habit|
by Maria Gracia
"Iíll get to it--when I get a chance."
You know what that means, donít you? Youíll never get to it! Here are 8 simple ways to kick the procrastination habit and start getting things done.
by Maria Gracia - Get Organized Now!
- BREAK IT DOWN. Seem overwhelming? Donít look at everything as one big project. Break goals, projects or tasks down into small parts. Assign a specific deadline (date and time) to each part.
- WRITE IT DOWN. Make it official by recording on paper, what needs to be done. When it's written down, it's more concrete, and there's a greater chance you'll start and complete it.
- TELL SOMEONE. Tell a friend, associate or loved one what your plans are. Discuss decisions that need to be made with others. Ask a friend or associate for some ongoing motivation. Sometimes an outside perspective may be all you need to get started.
- SCHEDULE. Establish a regular time each day to work on your goal, project or task.
- USE PROPER TOOLS. Organize your environment, complete with the tools you need, so it is conducive to working.
- POST REMINDERS. Keep your goals in front of you. Post reminders of your goals and deadlines where you can constantly see them.
- I'LL ONLY DO THIS, IF I COMPLETE . . . Make something you normally do and enjoy contingent upon doing the avoided task. For example: "I will not watch my favorite television program until I complete Part A of my project." -- By the way, no fair cheating!! :-)
- SET REWARDS. Set rewards for your ultimate goals and mini-goals. Youíll constantly have something enjoyable to look forward to.
Want to get organized? Get your FREE Get Organized Now! Idea-Pak, filled with tips and ideas to help you organize your home, your office and your life, at the Get Organized Now! Web site
Decorating and interior design tools for apartment - home - studio or dorm.